An Article by Lisa Guimont of Parents for Children’s Mental Heath Dufferin Chapter, printed in the Orangeville Banner.
Come to our Talk-In Clinic, this is our main door to service.
What is the Talk-In Clinic?
- a quick access to trained counselors
- immediate problem solving
- information and support
- therapeutic conversations
- connections to other DCAFS services and community services
JUST WALK IN….If you prefer you can call ahead to “Intake” at the number listed below to provide some basic information. You will be asked to fill out some forms when you arrive, however, for your convenience we have copies of the forms available for download so you can fill them out in the comfort of your home at your own pace. Then just bring them with you to the “Talk-In” and give them to reception when you arrive.
For your convenience you may download the following forms, fill them out and bring them with you or just wait and our Receptionist will give them to you when you arrive.
Any Tuesday between 1:00pm -8:00pm (last appointment at 7:00pm) Summer hours (July to August) 3:00pm-7:00pm (last appointment at 6:00pm)
Parents for Children’s Mental Health, Dufferin Chapter
Monthly support meetings will be held on the third Wednesday of every month, 7pm at DCAFS office 655 Riddell Road.
For more information about Parents for Children’s Mental Health visit http://www.pcmh.ca
Below are some links you may also be interested in:
- Parent Action on Drugs – Stats, Facts and Talking Points
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WvQ6EuFdh0 – A great video regarding talking about suicide with youth and families.
- Information for Parents To Assist Children In Separation and Divorce
- CMHO website – www.kidsmentalhealth.ca
- The New Mentality – www.thenewmentality.ca
- Supporting Children and Teens Following the Death of a Loved One…
- Children and Grief
- Coping with Loss and Death
- The Mourner’s Bill of Rights
- A Separate Look at Teen Grief
- Helping Teenagers Cope with Grief
- Information for Caregivers About Psychotropic Medications For Children and Youth
- Substance Abuse in Children and Adolescents
- Eating Problems in Children and Adolescents
- Behaviour Problems in Children and Adolescents
- Anxiety Problems in Children and Adolescents
- A Strategic Framework to Help Ontario’s Youth Succeed
- Circle of Security