If you have a concern

To express any concerns that you may have, please let your worker know directly that you are not feeling good about something and clearly explain the issue. Please read our linked brochure for full details on the complaint process.

When We Disagree – DCAFS complaints brochure

Formal Complaint

To make a formal complaint in writing, please click on the link to download the Ministry form, Formal Complaint to a Society’s Internal Complaints Review Panel (ICRP)

Fill out and mail it to us at:

Confidential Complaint c/o Executive Assistant 655 Riddell Road, Orangeville ON L9W 4Z5.

The Ontario Ombudsman (Ombudsman)

As of May 1, 2019, the Ontario Child Advocate’s office is closed. The Ontario Ombudsman’s new Children and Youth Unit can answer questions, provide information about the rights of children and youth, conduct investigations, and address complaints from young people and adults who may have concerns about services provided under the Child, Youth and Family Services Act, 2017.

Office of the Ombudsman of Ontario, Children and Youth Unit
401 Bay Street, Suite 2200, Toronto, ON M7A 0A6

The complaints staff are available 9:00 am to 4:30 pm. You may also leave a voice message outside of office hours. An appointment is recommended for in-person (walk-in) complaints. Please call 1-800-263-1830 to schedule an appointment.

Toll-free (inside Ontario only): 1-800-263-2841
Telephone: 416-325-5669
TTY (teletypewriter): 416-325-2648
Fax: 416-325-5681
Email: [email protected]

If you have any difficulty accessing forms or documents, please contact us at 519.941.1530 and we will be happy to assist you further.