This MFTD Day Respite Program operates for children under 18 years of age who are deemed Medically Fragile Technologically Dependent by the Community Care Access Centre (Ministry of Health and Long Term Care).
- This program operates out of our agency’s spacious and brightly lit multi-purpose room bi-weekly on Saturdays.
- It has a rich staffing ratio to meet the needs of this client group and specialized equipment.
- The M.F.T.D Coordinator is a nurse and present at all times.
- The children enjoy a multi-sensory, fun filled day with a meaningful program designed just for them.
- The children are able to use our snoezelen room which is a multi-sensory experience that meets their particular sensory needs with positive outcomes.
- There is no fee for this program but parents are expected to provide all medications, meals, snacks personal items and equipment such as suction machines and feeding pumps.