The Developmental Support Services program provides a variety of services to infants, children, youth and adults. Services include:
- Infant and Child Development Program from birth to 5 years who have a developmental disability or are at risk of a developmental delay.
- Service Coordination Program for Children under 18 years of age with a diagnosis of developmental disability and/or autism spectrum disorder.
- Service Coordination Program for Adults 18 years of age and older. Referrals must apply to Development Services Ontario (DSO) to be eligible for adult services.
- Complex Special Needs Support Program for individuals under 18 years of age with complex developmental needs and challenges requiring an intensive level of service.
- Medically Fragile Technologically Dependant bi-weekly Saturday Respite Program for under 18 years of age.
- Respiteservices.com, a mechanism designed to make access to respite services easier for families and to connect caregivers and families seeking respite.
- Special Services at Home program, transfer payment agency.
- Applied Behaviour Analysis Services & Supports (ABA) for children 0-9 who have a confirmed diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder.
- Intensive Behavioural Intervention Program (IBI)for children with autism spectrum disorder.
In addition to these services the staff of Developmental Support Services also offer a variety of community outreach, group work and educational forums such as:
- T.O.E.P. Theatre Orangeville Exceptional Players for 11-17 years of age
- Challenging Temperament Workshop Series
- Special Teen Club – Parent led
- Feelings After Birth – Post Partum Support Group for Mothers
- Adult Social Group for adults with a developmental disability or autism spectrum disorder and are clients of Service Coordination Adults
- Parent/Caregiver Support Group – Parent led support group for elementary school age children. Contact Jennifer Campbell at 519-938-1497