The Children’s Mental Health Services (Under 18)
We can help when a child or youth:
- Could hurt himself/herself or others.
- Is involved with fire play.
- Has had a significant loss or serious traumatic event.
- Is aggressive, violent or bullying.
- Is involved in at-risk behaviours (drugs/alcohol, sex, illegal activity).
- Has serious challenges with relationships, feelings or behaviours.
- Is experiencing significant emotional distress.
Research has shown that early intervention is critical to providing a hopeful and healthy future. If not addressed, these kids may suffer needlessly and become a stress on their families, their school, other kids, and the community.
Every child/youth’s mental health is important. Through care and working together, we can build healthy minds, healthy lives, and healthy communities.