From Possibilities to Reality
In early February 2019, the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services (MCCSS) announced significant changes to the Ontario Autism Program which involved a shift from Direct Service Options to Direct Funding Options for children and youth with Autism, along with their families. On March 21, 2019, updates and further information related to those changes were shared. For more information, please click here to visit the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services.
Here’s what we know so far:
- A Childhood Budget will now be available to all families with a written diagnosis of autism for a child or youth under the age of 18. This includes the previously announced amounts of $20,000 annually for children under six and $5,000 per year for those six and over.
- Families will be able to access a broad list of eligible services such as behavioural support, respite, technology, speech language pathology, physiotherapy and occupational therapy. The MCCSS website will host a complete list of these services in early April.
- All children who currently have an Ontario Autism Program Behaviour Plan will continue to receive the services outlined in that plan until its end date. Families will then be able to renew it for six months at its current level of service. All current plans that receive extensions are to have service completion dates of December 31, 2019 at the latest.
- MCCSS has made a commitment to consult with parents over the next several months to further inform their planning.
.Dufferin Child and Family Services (DCAFS) is a multi-service agency providing developmental support, child and youth mental health and child protection services. DCAFS has been the direct provider of ABA Services in Dufferin County since 2013 for children under the age of 9.
Our team is overseen by a Board Certified Behavioural Analyst and two lead therapists with over 30 years experience working with a wide range of individuals across a variety of ages.
When receiving services from DCAFS every opportunity will be given to provide the highest quality of service for you and your family to ensure your child/youth is reaching their full potential.
Our agency provides your family and child/youth wrap around service which may include the following:
- Child and Youth Mental Health
- Developmental Support Services
- Service Navigation
- Infant Development Support Program
- Inclusion for Children/Youth With Additional Needs – ICAN
- Behavioural Support
- Collaborative Case Conferencing
All services include a thorough assessment to determine service needs, and a written service agreement.
Please contact our Celeste Dunford at 519-941-1530 x 381 to discuss your service needs and options.
As a follow up from our parent session, our first step at DCAFS will be to offer summer camps on a fee for service basis.
As a multi-service agency, we are aware of the number of families with children with a range of unique needs other than Autism, who may benefit from these camps and future services we will be providing on a fee basis.
Please view our camp flyer.below:
Please click on the link below for the camp you would like to register for:
Please return to our website regularly for updates on additional programs available.